Presentation/ public speaking review

Presentations don’t usually come to most people easily. Many people struggle with various aspects of presenting and speaking publicly whether online or in person. For instance they’re always high emotions and nerves. Some procrastinate and don’t have time to truly be ready to speak. For me personally I was full of emotions before hand asking questions like am i ready? Did I correctly source my information? Or the main one will the audience or in my case my professor like my presentation and the information given from it? But once it was my turn I just turned a switch and got started. Thank goodness I had every thing organized in the correct places which really helped me out a lot in the long run.                                                                     

As for all the PowerPoint presentations given which include group one, group two, and group three. All presenters were great but in my opinion the one I liked most was group ones presentation because truly and honestly the whole group came ready to present. They started off good and ended just as good. They had a nice flow and control of switching the presentation slides as they needed to. There’s was no needing to tell someone next slide please or anything like that.  Group one was also the only group to finish their presentation in 50 minutes, and all presenters spoke. It was very organized the group and the presentation as a whole. What I also liked about all the presentations is that the pages and amount of slides needed was evenly distributed through out everyone in the class. I think everyone can always have improvements because no one or nothing is ever perfect. My group did an extravagant job but I also believe that my group could have improved in different aspects. As in the pace of our presentation together as a group and the time management of the length of all of our presentations together. My group before hand made a what’s app group chat to discuss the presentation for example, we went over the pages and the distribution of the pages before. They also helped everyone who didnt understand completely, as well as having someone who made sure that our PowerPoint presentations looked like sisters and not friends (closely similar but not different). Towards the end when everyone was finishing up their PowerPoint presentations people in my group even made the initiative to make groups to practice presenting just in case for the people who didn’t feel comfortable. So in my opinion the way my group which is group two went about making the presentations and helping others really was nice and how they kept everything organized throughout. Although some people still did their own thing there were some presenters that took not a super long time but long enough that a few people had to finish presenting the day. Which is why I had mentioned before about my groups time management and pace throughout our groups PowerPoint presentation. Because I do feel like we could’ve have improved in that aspect including myself.                                                                                        

Therefore the last group to present was group three. I believe they did a good job but they still needed a lot of improvement. When they started the presentation no one knew who was going to start. So straight from the beginning they kept going back forth in the slides. Because of them having to skip the people who weren’t ready to speak or were to shy to turn on the camera and speak to a group of thirty. That’s why it looked unorganized to the audience or as I said before in this case the audience is the professor. Other than the people who didn’t speak or weren’t ready on their turns they did good. The people who stepped up and spoke really brought it together for their group. In addition to that another thing that caught me by surprise was the information in the power point presentations. I believe most people or at least me think that textbooks are last resort to go to because you have to scavenge for the main points and examples because textbooks have a lot more information than the necessities of the information. That’s why I was so surprised I would have never imagined all the information that can help presenters given in those power point presentations from all three groups. I didnt hear alot of statements about irrelevant things. Or examples that don’t make sense etc. In my belief all the PowerPoint presentations presented were very informative in all aspects. Even the short clips had good educational information as well as good reference pictures to further explain examples through visuals through out the PowerPoint presentations.                                                

One last question is do I feel like these PowerPoint presentations helped me in anyway way as an individual? Meaning did I learn anything that can help me become a better public speaker and presenter in person and online due to the world changing more and more into technology. And to give an answer to that question I do believe it helped me. And I do see where i need to improve me individually. As in my eye contact. Eye contact is very important as a presenter. You need to distribute ur eye contact to the crowd and that can be something that’s make or break to some people in audience or to ur professor. Another example of something I can improve is my hand movements I tend to sometimes put my hand in awkward spots like my chest, hips, etc. and I feel like I can learn from the mistakes I made as well the information given in all groups powerpoint presentations. I learned how to prepare for a presentation or organize for a presentation. How to correctly state the information ur giving in the order it needs to go in all the way to being able to correctly present and take control of your emotions. So yes like I said previously I do believe my power point presentations as well as every other students power point presentation helped me become a better presenter and preparer for a presentation in person or online.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Reflection on Public Speaking - Yaelis Pena

Tosha VanMeter